Nursing Identity is generally issued to Cypriot and European citizens who are residents of Cyprus who complete three (3) years of contributions to the Social Insurance Fund and have submitted a tax return for the last tax year for which they were under an obligation.
Persons who do not meet these criteria may submit a written request and a completed Application Form for evaluation by the Ministry of Health and promotion to the Minister for exceptional approval.
Beneficiaries of IDs fall into the following categories
- People without dependents whose annual income does not exceed € 15,400.00
- Family members whose annual income does not exceed € 30,750.00, increasing by € 1,700.00 for each dependent child
- Unemployed looking for work through the Department of Labor of the Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance
- Recipients of the Minimum Guaranteed Income
- Persons suffering from a condition referred to in the Sixth Table, Part I (A) of the Regulation 8
- Persons suffering from a condition referred to in the Sixth Table, Part I (B) of Regulation 8 if their family income does not exceed € 150,000
Nursing Identity (Special Category) is given to people suffering from a condition referred to in the Sixth Table, Part II of Regulation 8 if their family income does not exceed € 150,000 (Annex 2).
Application forms are available from the Ministry of Health, Citizens Service Centers, Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca and Paphos District Offices, as well as from the Ministry of Health and the Department of Postal Services.